Administrative Services Coordinator - Village of Valemount
Last Updated: January 2018
The Village of Valemount is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Services Coordinator. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Finance, this position provides general clerical support including, but not limited to:
• Answering inquires via phone, mail, email and in person
• Receiving payments for Visitor Information Centre retail and Municipal services such as taxes, utilities, business licenses, etc.
• Processing incoming mail
• Completing rental contracts for municipal facilities
• General filing
• Word processing and data entry
• Receiving requests for service and complaints; forwarding to appropriate department
• Providing accurate information to visitors regarding destinations, transportation, accommodation, etc.
• Gathering statistical information related to visitors
• Updating Village and Tourism Facebook pages and websites as required
• Any and all other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Ability to prioritize duties and organize work schedules in a busy municipal office environment
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Capacity to establish and maintain courteous, tactful, diplomatic working relationships as part of a small team
• 2 years experience in a clerical setting
** Training will be provided in municipal customer service/taxes and Visitor Information Counselling
• Grade 12
• Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position works 37.5 hours per week, and is eligible for benefits. Wages will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the Director of Finance, Village of Valemount, PO Box 168, Valemount, BC, V0E 2Z0, and will be accepted until Friday, February 9 @ 12:00 noon. Selected candidates must be available for interviews on February 14 and 15th, 2018. Estimated start date will be early March.
Reference #: 1391
Date Posted: January 26, 2018