Hours: Term/Contractual - August 16-20, 2019; October 16-18, 2019 (12 hours)
Job Description: Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide instruction to students by incorporating a variety of learning/teaching strategies to meet student employment and career training needs as part of the Work Experience Program.
• Provide constructive and meaningful feedback to students
• Evaluate student progress/achievement; keep records
• Create and maintain a positive learning environment
• Participate in academic/campus and college-wide activities as required
• Participate in course/curriculum revision/development, course/program revision and renewal activities
Qualifications: Education and Experience Requirements:
• A certificate, diploma or post-secondary degree relevant to providing employment/career training and two years of full time work experience in a related career occupation with at least 1 year of teaching experience, or
• 10 years of full time work experience in a career occupation relevant to employment/career training and 1 year of teaching experience.
**A combination of teaching experience in a post-secondary environment combined with industry or academic qualifications may be considered.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to instruct courses, as well as engage with others on the team to facilitate student engagement
• Demonstrated Industry or Academic Background related to a Work Experience Program and/or Employment/Career Training.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and academic abilities
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both orally and in writing)
• Strong competencies in working independently and as part of a team
How to apply: If you are interested in teaching in an institution dedicated to student learning, please submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria and your CV/resume by email to: in MS Word or PDF format only. Please note that calls will not be accepted. We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on the job posting, please visit our website at: