First Nations Cultural Awareness Course Instructor -
Last Updated: February 01, 2019
Hours: Term/Contractual - Contract duration; September 2019
Job Description: Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide instruction to students by incorporating a variety of learning/teaching strategies to meet student needs • Provide constructive and meaningful feedback to students
• Evaluate student progress/achievement; keep records
• Create and maintain a positive learning environment
• Participate in academic/campus and college-wide activities as required
• Participate in course/curriculum revision, course/program revision and renewal activities
Qualifications: Education and Experience Requirements:
A University degree in First Nations Studies, a provincially accredited teaching qualification and 1 year of teaching experience in a post-secondary environment
A Certificate or diploma in First Nations Studies, a provincially accredited teaching qualification and 2 or more years of teaching experience in a post-secondary environment or relevant industry experience.
No educational qualification, a provincially accredited teaching qualification and 10 years of full time work experience in a career occupation relevant to First Nations Studies.
**A combination of teaching experience in a post-secondary environment combined with industry or academic qualifications may be considered.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to instruct courses, as well as engage with others on the faculty team to facilitate student engagement
• Demonstrated Industry or Academic Background in First Nations Studies
• Demonstrated ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and academic abilities
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both orally and in writing)
• Strong competencies in working independently and as part of a team
How to apply: If you are interested in teaching in an institution dedicated to student learning, please submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria and your CV/resume by email to: email@example.com in MS Word or PDF format only. Please note that calls will not be accepted. We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on the job posting, please visit our website at: www.valemountcollege.ca
Reference #: 1479
Date Posted: November 16, 2018