Chef/Line Cook - Valemount Vacation Inn
Last Updated: January 2019
Hours: Two full-time positions available. Anticipated start date December 20, 2018
Wage: Salary is negotiable and depends on experience
Valemount Vacation Inn is one of the largest accommodation facilities in Valemount, BC. We also have an onsite restaurant that has licensed dining for up to 120 people. Our mission is to offer our visitors the finest vacation recreational experience possible and now we are looking for servers to join our team.
Job Description: Key Responsibilities:
- Preparing all components of the meal
- Ensuring overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing
- Ensuring meals are served on time
- Re-stocking work areas and ensure proper stock rotation
- Maintaining kitchen safety and sanitation standards
- Positive attitude, clean and safe work habits
- Other duties as required
- Positive attitude and eagerness to provide customers with the best possible service
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum 6 months experience in a chef/line cook position preferred
- Grade 10/12 diploma
- Must have the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays
- Proven organizational skills
- Food Safe certification is required
- Culinary school graduate is an asset
- Physical requirements include being able to endure long periods of standing, bending and lifting (up to 30lbs)
An accommodation may be provided at a reasonable price.
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter by email to the Human Resources Department of the Valemount Vacation Inn at: email@example.com or by fax to: 250-566-9722.
We thank all of those who apply, however we will only contact those that we intend to interview.
Date Posted: November 30, 2018