Youth Program Coordinator
The Youth Program Coordinator is responsible for the administration, coordination and promotion of youth (ages 12 – 18) programming for the Valemount V-Crew Youth Network, which includes overseeing the operations of our youth centre. This program is funded by Columbia Basin Trust, and our current agreement is in place until July, 2022.
Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record in youth-based programming and outreach, with an ability to connect with, and relate to youth in a small, rural community. It is imperative that programming be directed by and inclusive to all Valemount youth.
The successful candidate will also possess skills and knowledge in:
• Team leadership
• Planning, delivering and evaluating events
• Facilitating meetings with youth and other community members
• Verbal and written communication, including emailing, texting, social media, etc.
• Computer programs, including MS Office
• Marketing and promoting youth-related events within the community
• Preparing reports
• Promoting volunteerism, and recruiting and training community volunteers of all ages
• Office administration
• Managing expenditures within budgets
• Time management, with an ability to work independently
Youth-related post-secondary experience is considered an asset, but not a requirement.
This is not a youth counsellor position, but an understanding of counselling is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• Clean Criminal Record Check for Vulnerable Sector
• First Aid/CPR certificate
Hours: 30 hours per week mostly afternoons, and some evenings and weekends, including annual out-of-town conferences.
Hours can be flexible, and may be supported by recruiting volunteers to cover shifts at the Youth Centre.
Rate of Pay: $16 - $18.50 per hour, based on experience
Benefits: Group Benefits and MSP coverage after 3 months
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and references BY WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2019 to:
Riette Kenkel, Executive Director
Valemount Learning Centre
• Mail: PO Box 789, Valemount, BC, V0E 2Z0
• Email: email@example.com
• Hand deliver: 99 Gorse Street (Upstairs), Valemount, BC