Part-Time Executive Assistant
Last Updated: June 2018
Wage: $18/hour to start; wage is commensurate with experience.
Hours: -15 hours per week
. -PT Permanent; This position may lead to a FT Permanent employment position in the future.
-This position will work a standard work week, but may require evening and/or weekend hours to a accommodate activities such as Board meetings
-Flexibility is provided should applicants prefer to combine this position with other PT employment.
· - Business Administration or Marketing Diploma and 6 months experience in office administration or marketing OR Certificate in Business Administration or Marketing and 1 year of experience in office administration or marketing OR no educational qualification and 2 years experience in office administration or marketing.
- Superior office and administrative skills; Proficient with office software programs and comfortable using common office software and social media applications.
- Training or experience in marketing, including online and social media marketing.
- Exceptional customer service, sales, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to student success.
- Must pass a Criminal Record check
As an Executive Assistant, you are our primary link between staff, students, and the community! This is a great opportunity to apply your communication,and interpersonal relationship and organizational talents in the areas of customer service, administration, sales and marketing. Duties will be performed under the supervision of the College Director and the Board of Directors.
- Create a positive first impression for students and visitors by greeting all students and visitors in a friendly, respectful manner .
- Handle all telephone calls in a friendly, respectful manner.
- Use a customer service/sales approach to student recruitment and enrolment by promoting the features and benefits of Valemount College programs to prospective students.
- Maximize the efficiency of service to students by determining their needs and taking appropriate action.
- Respond to inquiries in a timely, complete, and accurate manner, or refer to College Director when required.
- Carry out administrative activities associated with student enrolment, records and database administration, a assisting the College Director with coordinating programs and procedures and other duties.
- Word processing and Email; including correspondence, letters, taking meeting minutes for Board meetings, and other forms; check, respond to and/or forward emails to appropriate party.
- Create display ads, brochures, flyers, and newspaper advertisements using automated software.
- Create and maintain social media sites; promote programs via social media.
- Proactively use a customer service approach to promoting programs.
- Maintain the College website
-Applicants with experience working with Word Press will be given preference.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria and your CV/resume by email to: email@example.com in MS Word or PDF format only.
Calls will not be accepted.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.