top of page
Red Cross Babysitting Course
DATE: To be confirmed.
TIME: 8:30am - 4:30pm.
LOCATION: To be confirmed in Valemount, BC.
INSTRUCTOR: To be confirmed.
COST: To be confirmed.
Offers basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11-15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
• How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership;
• How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours;
• Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage;
• How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies;
• How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours; • First aid skills;
• The business of babysitting.
Must be 11 years of age
Bring a lunch
bottom of page